Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aeroforce analog port config help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Aeroforce analog port config help needed

I had an older aerforce cn401 in my 05 GTO. Only purpose is to monitor two 1/8" fluid temperature sensors, purchased from Aeroforce. One sensor is in the coolant tank for the s/c. The other is in the tranny pan for trans temps.

Tech support determined that my gauge had outdated firmware and could not be updated. Fast forward to last night, new cn401 arrived. Wired it up and I can not get the gauge to display accurate temperatures.

I have selected to display: analog 1 and analog 2
I have set them both to fluid temp and also tried air temp.
Would prefer to be able to label them as something more appropriate.
I have also tried selecting analog configuration and played with the slope and intercept, but according to the paperwork if you use their temp sensor and choose air or fluid temp it will auto calculate.

I am confident they are not accurate because I am sure my tranny temps are not nearing 300 after only a couple minutes of idling from a cold start, and I have shot the sensor area with a infrared temp gun.

Can someone walk me thru how I should set the gauge up? It shouldn't be this complicated. Maybe one or both sensors are bad?

Quick Reply: Aeroforce analog port config help needed