Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dead Subwoofer in 2000 T/A?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Dead Subwoofer in 2000 T/A?

Ok, I've found a direct replacement for the stock Delco 09365799 Subwoofer.
<non-sponsor reference removed> has the PYLE Poweler Duel voice coil 6.5" subwoofer. it is listed as a 6" but with a bit of finess these speakers fit just fine in stock location.These sub's are rated @ 600 Watts and have 1.5" vented duel 4ohm. voice coils. For $30.00 a pair! I just got mine and installed them today, what a difference in sound over stock pos speakers. I'm a woman in my mid 30's and it only took me about 30 minutes to install both. So stop building ugly sub-cabinets and get these drivers now...
Kelly Anne Bishop

Last edited by wssix99; 03-09-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: non-sponsor links removed
Old 03-08-2015, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, these have been covered several times lately. They are the "budget" option for people that just need a replacement for stock, there are better sounding options out there.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

That 600 watts is an ILS rating (If Lightning Strikes). Even the 300W RMS rating is suspect based on past experience with this brand. And they certainly won't replace a larger sub in a stealth box for low frequencies - no 6.5" mid-bass sub could do that regardless of manufacturer. As Daniel Richards said, they are a decent option for a low budget replacement of the stock speakers but any improvement in sound is merely because they are replacing factory speakers that are at least 13 years old by now.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those have been around for a long time. Not alot of people use them because they are not a quality subwoofer and they will fall apart.
Boss, Pyrmaid, Wolfenhag, and a bunch of other audio companies make absolute junk and put big numbers on the box at cheap prices and sell this stuff to consumers who know alot about car audio. I have cheap alternatives that cost $60.00 a pair like that that are correct 6.5" DVC subwoofers that will replace the stock ones. I have a shelf full of them brand new. I won't sell them after testing them. Why? Because I know they will blow up just like the stock ones did. I'm not going to put my name on a subpar product. Materials, build quality and sound are all equations I use. I can sell everyone on here a cheap 6.5" subwoofer like that...I will not sell you a piece of junk though. This is why after 7 years of doing this I only use 2 subwoofers in those cars and one of them was made for me to my specs. Why? So you get the best for your money.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CDT subs are great BTW! They get my mirros all vibrating at times.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongoose350
The CDT subs are great BTW! They get my mirros all vibrating at times.
Thanks, the problem I end up with sometimes is that those are not cheap. They are probably the best 6.5" DVC sub on the market that will fit in a stock location without modification in alot of cars. I had CDT makes those for me specifically with these cars in mind so that they would be high end, sound great, have good longevity, and be easy to install with the spring loaded terminals to attach the connectors wires.
Problem is they are not inexpensive and I completely understand not everyone has the budget for those. That's why I still use the Bazooka subs over the years because they are and have been a cheaper alternative that will not fall apart. Granted, they are not $30.00 a pair cheap but they will also still be around for years to come where as a $15.00 subwoofer will probably be needing replacement in about a year or less. I was able to blow those up in about 1 min. using my torture test that I do on these subs to see how they will perform over time. I have tested many of these cheap subs.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Thanks, the problem I end up with sometimes is that those are not cheap. They are probably the best 6.5" DVC sub on the market that will fit in a stock location without modification in alot of cars. I had CDT makes those for me specifically with these cars in mind so that they would be high end, sound great, have good longevity, and be easy to install with the spring loaded terminals to attach the connectors wires.
Problem is they are not inexpensive and I completely understand not everyone has the budget for those. That's why I still use the Bazooka subs over the years because they are and have been a cheaper alternative that will not fall apart. Granted, they are not $30.00 a pair cheap but they will also still be around for years to come where as a $15.00 subwoofer will probably be needing replacement in about a year or less. I was able to blow those up in about 1 min. using my torture test that I do on these subs to see how they will perform over time. I have tested many of these cheap subs.
The CDT subs are completely worth it IMO. And they supply plenty of bass. I've had cars before with decent subs in the back, and I was surprised by these. It really put a smile on my face for the first week or so every time I got in the car. The only problem is road noise, it makes everything seem quite.

Quick Reply: Dead Subwoofer in 2000 T/A?