Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just in the process of installing mine finally after having them sit in my garage since the summer. I've got the hatch & sail panel ones in no problem. I still have to tackle the door speakers.
I had good email communication with Ian Kee when I was ordering.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bird Lightning 2.0
I'm just in the process of installing mine finally after having them sit in my garage since the summer. I've got the hatch & sail panel ones in no problem. I still have to tackle the door speakers.
I had good email communication with Ian Kee when I was ordering.
That's good news. I don't know why he would never respond to any of my communications, I let him know I had money ready I just needed a simple yes or no, something to let me know he was hearing me.
I finally went with {non-sponsor name deleted} and couldn't be happier. Everybody is happy in the end.

Last edited by wssix99; 01-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

I ordered the 10in sub box from him cheapest around. The PayPal didn't give me the option to tell him black or gray for carpet color in comments for purchase, so I sent him an email. hopefully he gets the email stating I need black. but nothing back yet. we will see lol.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smoove
That's good news. I don't know why he would never respond to any of my communications, I let him know I had money ready I just needed a simple yes or no, something to let me know he was hearing me.
I finally went with {non-sponsor name deleted} and couldn't be happier. Everybody is happy in the end.
I sent them a message with no response also.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Actually your statement isn't 100% accurate. You are happy with the decision you made, but it goes back to what the thread referenced several times. People are looking for answers only to order elsewhere. Why should he waste his time responding if you didn't order with him. Time is money especially when you are a one man shop.

I'm in the market for new speakers myself, and Kee seems the way to go especially if you are looking for something you know will work in our vehicles. other vendors have packages that should work, but from the look and sound of it Kee has products that will work with the nuances of our vehicles. I'm just torn on which kit I want to go with, but once I get home from Vegas I will tackle that issue.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't looking for answers to a question, I was ready to buy his package. All I wanted was just one communication from him. I left voice messages, emails, every avenue to give him 1st shot at my money. I didn't get that so I went another route. It really was that simple and accurate. Not sending money blindly without at least getting an acknowledgment that they are receiving my communications
Old 03-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I wasn't looking for answers to a question, I was ready to buy his package. All I wanted was just one communication from him. I left voice messages, emails, every avenue to give him 1st shot at my money. I didn't get that so I went another route. It really was that simple and accurate. Not sending money blindly without at least getting an acknowledgment that they are receiving my communications
Sounds like a standoff, because he primarily communicates with paying customers. I'm not sure what your apprehension would be here since he has a distinguished track record with other members here.

I think you should readjust your expectations with regard to owning a car that is becoming increasingly "classic." People who specialize in the platform, like Kee, aren't doing it solely as a profit-making venture and aren't running full-time businesses - There isn't enough volume for that. So, they aren't going to get all greased up and go begging for your dollar. In the end, the money they make in the transaction compensates them for lost sleep at night while the pack orders up and for the "me time" they miss out on while the rest of us are enjoying a nice frozen burrito with our feet up on the couch.

Your intentions may be pure and you may intend to close a transaction, (we know you aren't pinching pennies on your build!) but in the shadow of all the messages sent from the cheap skates out there, your personal message probably won't get any attention.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

You have your opinions, you have stated them. I'm extremely happy with the route I went. No message to be heard, I gave an experience with a sponsor, very different from an opinion. And for the record I don't eat frozen burritos haha

Quick Reply: Kee Audio