Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electronics seem a bit buggy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Electronics seem a bit buggy.

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading my post. I have a weird glitch I can't explain. When I turn off my car and open the door, the car will chime if I didn't turn off the headlights or remove the key. However, it will chime for a random amount of time, turn off, then restart a while later. The amount of time it will chime or not chime varies. I don't know if it's connected, but I also had a speaker blow on me and I listen to music with the volume maybe half way up at most. Factory stereo/factory speaker. I checked all my grounds. Door button is working fine. Only other thing to note is that I believe I remember my interior lights also coming on and off with the chime. I do not know if I have an electrical glitch. I do not know how to approach this. Thanks for your help.

2001 Trans Am WS6 6 Speed
Old 10-25-2016, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Smells like an aged body module. It can be repaired, there is an outline on how to somewhere on this site.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

The BCM repair applies specifically to the retained accessory power (RAP) circuit which provides power to the stereo and power windows. It is to fix symptoms of the radio and power windows cutting out intermittently.

While you are correct that it is probably a BCM related problem, unfortunately the posted fix won't do anything for this particular problem because it's not related to the RAP circuit. The BCM also has circuits for the warning chimes, interior courtesy lights, keyless entry, alarm, power locks, VATS, hatch release and a few of the cluster warning lights.

Quick Reply: Electronics seem a bit buggy.