Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help moderonize my old old audio system

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 AM
HIW
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help moderonize my old old audio system

Was having problems reading disks on an old kenwood head unit, disassembled it, cleaned the laser but it didn't cure the problem so I bought a new head unit. It's a Kenwood DPX792BH Double DIN bluetooth ect head unit.

My old head unit went to a 3way active crossover via 2 sets of RCA cables. A single 10 inch sub is powered by a Hifonics Boltar bridged running 2 ohms. Mids and highs are powered by a Hifonics Europa 4 channel amp.

I notice my new head unit has 3 sets of RCA outputs. Front, Rear and Sub.

Can I eliminate the xover I'm using and connect directly to the amps? I will need to run another set of RCA's for the subs? Or can I run a single RCA from the right channel?

I am pretty familiar with the old stuff, the newer stuff, not so much. Can I eliminate the active cross over and set all cross over points from the head unit, there are a lot of settings in the menu's, and the manual doesn't really explain how to use the settings. What do I do? I need to be schooled on the newer ways of system setup.

Quick Reply: Help moderonize my old old audio system