Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Amp Harness Model Number?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Monsoon Amp Harness Model Number?

Hello folks, Im trying to bypass Monsoon amp in my 02 WS6 but would like to create a male harness to connect to the female harness used by OEM amplifier. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong one, and ended up with another head unit harness. Does anyone know the model number I should be using for amplifier harness? Thanks.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Why would you want to bypass the Monsoon amp? If you're installing an aftermarket amp then you can just ignore the Monsoon amp. If you think you're going to get better sound running speakers directly from the head unit (bypassing the amp) then you're just wrong. The Monsoon amp is not particularly powerful but it's better than HU alone and it produces clean output when given clean input. Most Monsoon sound quality problems are from the factory distortion machine that GM called a head unit along with the resulting destruction of speakers.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. The new amp is to replace the monsoon amp. I am in essence ignoring monsoon but you need to bypass the amp if you want to use existing speaker wiring. The wiring harness goes from head unit to the monsoon amp and then from amp to speakers. The monsoon has built in crossovers. So If I want to leverage the existing wiring to each speaker I need to disconnect harness from monsoon and tap into speaker wires at that harness. I would prefer to make my own male harness vs use vamp taps for each speaker wire.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Teching In

WhiteBird00

Ok man you finally got to my OCD....and not being able to find harness is final nail in coffin of my plan to cleanly use original wiring anyway. I am moving forward with REWIRING all the speakers from new Amp...Probably added a day or two to my overhaul. You suck. ;-)