Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question on tapping into 12v switched wire

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Question on tapping into 12v switched wire

How many components can be tapped into the same 12v switched wire? like the big pink wire under the dash.
I already have my fuel pump going to the open spade Ignition on the interior fuse block on the drivers side.
Now I need another 12v switched tap in spot for my fuel pressure gauge. What do you suggest?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 169 Posts

A fuel pressure gauge won't pull many amps for current - probably less than one amp - so you are likely OK. What does your wiring diagram say is on that pink wire you mentioned? Are they big consumers of juice?

Rick
Old 09-24-2019, 07:28 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Each of the three user power ports is listed in the manual as being 15A maximum. Each circuit is separate so if you're concerned about too much current draw then you could use the ACCY port for your gauge. The only difference between it and the IGN port (I assume that's the one you used for the fuel pump) is that the ACCY port remains powered after shutting off the ignition for about 10 minutes or until a door is opened - like the radio.

Quick Reply: Question on tapping into 12v switched wire