Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Vats

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vats

Hello everyone so I think I’m in the right section for this issue. I have a 98 camaro originally a V6 swapped out to a LS1 and vats bypassed somehow so there’s no resistor in the key. This was done before I purchased the car. All was well until I went to start it and security light is flashing and nothing when I turn the key took the battery out to charge it (still a good battery) and nothing. All advice is greatly appreciated thank you
Old 04-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Look for modified wires under the dash for VATS bypass. I did it a while back but I don't remember the colors of the wires and the car is in storage. There are threads on here about doing VATS bypass. Search and you'll find them.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:06 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 281 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The VATS wires are white and enclosed in orange sheathing. They are located under the dash near the steering column. The flashing security light indicates that VATS is not seeing any resistance value (as opposed to seeing the wrong value which would have the light stay on solidly). That means the previously installed bypass resistors have become loose or disconnected.

Quick Reply: Vats