Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

99+ M6 Harness into 98 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99+ M6 Harness into 98 Auto

Hi all,

Like the tittle says I am in the process of swapping in an M6 99+ harness into 98 A4 T/A.
I figured 95% of it out and re-pined the C- connectors to make it all work, but I had some questions.

How would I go about wiring the reverse lights? since I have the T56 harness the reverse light switch on the trans can just plug in to the harness, but the lights would still not work as they are ran through the neutral switch on the Auto, how would i go about wiring this up?

Thank in advance.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

The backup light circuit is very simple... it has power from the TURN B/U fuse going through the neutral safety switch (automatic) or the backup light switch (manual) and then via light green wire to the backup lights and from there to ground through a black wire.

To swap from automatic to manual (or vice versa), all that's necessary is to route the brown wire and the light green wire to the correct switch and connect them to to the switch terminals. There are no other sensors or devices involved - just power to the switch and output to the lamps.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it!
Thanks WhiteBird00.

Quick Reply: 99+ M6 Harness into 98 Auto