Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LED fog lights.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED fog lights.

Just got these 4.5" halo lights installed. Fairly easy to do just had to run an extra switch in order to make the halos run independently from the main light. It definitely helped freshen up the looks of the car a lot.
The following users liked this post:
Jonathan L (01-28-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By any chance did you have any problems getting the 10 millimeter bolts out of the fog light assembly bracket? There is a cage nut that the bolt screws into and mine was stripped, so I had to dremel them off then punch them out, replaced with new hardware.
your car is beautiful sir.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Its my first f body so I'm still figuring out the kinks but it's getting there. This is a better pic after I got the rest of the headlight LEDS in.
In response to your question, no, mine came right out and back in with no problems. Sorry I couldn't help
Jonathan L (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 09:11 PM
Teching In

That is freaking beautiful. Do you mind sharing the part numbers, I just replaced my DRLS / flashers with LED and I want to do the rest of my car in the same fashion, that looks really ****.
thank you so much in advance for any help you might give.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:13 PM
Teching In

And also are you happy with the results during nighttime driving? Would you happen to have any pictures? How are the beam patterns? It looks really nice but how about functionality? Thanks again bro.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:16 PM
Teching In

LOL one last question I promise! I really like the way you have it wired where all four headlines are energized along with the fog lights at the same time, do the high beams function as low beams as well?
beautiful car and your set up looks nice and clean good job.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Nice. I did these. 10 minute install!

https://screamingchicken.com/1993-20...xb-fog-lights/

Old 01-28-2023, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by roorancher

I almost went with those but I found a guy on you tube with a gorgeous silver bird who had some fogs like mine. he has a a how-to on his channel which is "green light filming." As far as having them all running the halos are all that stay on with the brights and my high and low beams all come on together when they're on bright. I think it looks better with the fogs off with the halos on bright. I can get the part numbers. Are you wanting it for the headlight housings and the type of LED i used or just the fogs?
Old 01-28-2023, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by roorancher

Originally Posted by Jonathan L
And also are you happy with the results during nighttime driving? Would you happen to have any pictures? How are the beam patterns? It looks really nice but how about functionality? Thanks again bro.
I don't have pics at night yet but I'm very pleased with the brightness and pattern. I got the fahren LEDS for my headlights and the high beams are almost like spotlights. They're way brighter and reach farther than my 2016 Silverados ever thought about.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:56 PM
Teching In

These are the lights I ordered. The bulbs are pretty pricey but I didn't wanna have to deal with a cheap bulb. So far they seem good. They fit in my housing with just minor trimming and all the fans seem to work as they should. They're adjustable in case the beam is off but when inserted correctly in my new housings I didn't have to adjust mine.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:00 PM
Teching In

One more thing though, you might look through some older forums because it looks like your bird is the 93-97 and I'm not sure if the housing are the same size as 98 up. I found all the sizes and housing I needed on here. Lol seems like somebody already has all my ideas. My housings are the LMC truck 36-0303 and 36-0302. Two of each for lows and highs. Can't remember right off which fits where.

Hope this all helps.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan L
LOL one last question I promise! I really like the way you have it wired where all four headlines are energized along with the fog lights at the same time, do the high beams function as low beams as well?
beautiful car and your set up looks nice and clean good job.
Having all four headlamps on with the high beams is the factory configuration. Only the outboard lamps are on with low beams. This is specific to Firebirds because Camaros don't use all four lamps with high beams.

Technically it's illegal to have the fog lights on with the high beams in Firebirds because the law only allows up to four forward facing lamps (not counting parking lamps, side markers, etc.) and Firebirds would have four headlights plus two fog lights. Camaros turn off their fog lights with the high beams from the factory, but modifying them to stay on is not illegal because it still makes a total of only four lamps.

The other thing to consider is that high beams and fog lights have completely opposite functions so it doesn't make sense to have them on at the same time - at least from a practical lighting perspective. High beams are meant to throw light as far down the road as possible while fog lights are meant to provide a low wide beam to cut under inclement weather. Using both at the same time defeats the purpose.
Double Aught (02-05-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Having all four headlamps on with the high beams is the factory configuration. Only the outboard lamps are on with low beams. This is specific to Firebirds because Camaros don't use all four lamps with high beams.

Technically it's illegal to have the fog lights on with the high beams in Firebirds because the law only allows up to four forward facing lamps (not counting parking lamps, side markers, etc.) and Firebirds would have four headlights plus two fog lights. Camaros turn off their fog lights with the high beams from the factory, but modifying them to stay on is not illegal because it still makes a total of only four lamps.

The other thing to consider is that high beams and fog lights have completely opposite functions so it doesn't make sense to have them on at the same time - at least from a practical lighting perspective. High beams are meant to throw light as far down the road as possible while fog lights are meant to provide a low wide beam to cut under inclement weather. Using both at the same time defeats the purpose.
Ok that's good to know. I've always ran more lights than that on the front but I'll keep it in mind. And yeah the fogs and brights on would kinda defeat the purpose. I like the looks of just the halo with bright anyway.

Quick Reply: LED fog lights.