Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dome Light Stays ON

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dome Light Stays ON

Foot well lighting hack!

The other day reinstalled passenger side kick panel, had already pulled bulb for convenience but then noticed my dome light stayed on, turns out the bulb single filament bulb wire was grounding out. Wasn't the first time this had happen so finally decided to swap out antiquated set up for dual wire L.E.D. Well as luck would have it found a bulb with rubber grommet that is the exact fit for the stock bulb mount under dash which doubles as ground since wire is constant hot. Added benefit was no longer a holt bulb burning my self when digging under dash. Here is the ones I used, amazon has them for 8.99., just ground one to the bracket and bullet connectors for the hot and done."10PCS Sealed Waterproof White 3/4" Mini Round Clearance LED Front Rear Side Indicator Bullet Grommet Marker Bumper Grille Light for Truck RV Car Bus Trailer Pickup Van Caravan Boat"

Old 08-18-2024, 02:55 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Magonsterz
...exact fit for the stock bulb mount under dash...
Stock bulb under the dash? What vehicle are you referring to here?
Old 08-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gen 1 Camaro 67-69 but also found in 59-79 GM Vehicles

Old 08-18-2024, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Magonsterz

Foot well lighting hack!

The other day reinstalled passenger side kick panel, had already pulled bulb for convenience but then noticed my dome light stayed on, turns out the bulb single filament bulb wire was grounding out. Wasn't the first time this had happen so finally decided to swap out antiquated set up for dual wire L.E.D. Well as luck would have it found a bulb with rubber grommet that is the exact fit for the stock bulb mount under dash which doubles as ground since wire is constant hot. Added benefit was no longer a holt bulb burning my self when digging under dash. Here is the ones I used, amazon has them for 8.99., just ground one to the bracket and bullet connectors for the hot and done."10PCS Sealed Waterproof White 3/4" Mini Round Clearance LED Front Rear Side Indicator Bullet Grommet Marker Bumper Grille Light for Truck RV Car Bus Trailer Pickup Van Caravan Boat"

First gens were bad about that. I had to replace the one in my 67.

Quick Reply: Dome Light Stays ON