Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I need some help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need some help please!

Hi, I am having a problem with my "retain accessory power" feature. My car is a 98 SS.

The problem I am having is that, when I turn off the engine in my car, and take the key out, the accessory power will stay on even after I open the drivers door. If I open the passenger door, the power will turn of as intended. But on the drivers side I am not having the same luck. This creates a problem when exiting my car because I always have to reach over and open the passengers door.

This would lead me to believe that there is a sensor that is used in conjunction with the handles to open the door. I think mine may be damaged. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and has any idea what may have happened. And if anyone knows exactly were the sensor that needs to be replaced is. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to gauge the amount of work I have ahead of me before I go an pull the door panel apart.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob