Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless entry, start, proximity FOB

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keyless entry, start, proximity FOB

My boss took me for a ride in his new Infiniti G35x and I thought it was really cool how he did not even need to take the keys out to unlock the car. He just walked up to the car with his fob in his pocket, and hit the button by the handle. That was awesome. But when he got into the car, and actually started the car up without inserting the key, oh my god I want one.. So, my question for anyone out there: Do any of the new GM cars have a system like this? And what would it take to adapt this to our cars?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

I think the new C6 vette has a push button start with just the key fob in you pocket.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The new C6 and the caddys. It uses technology adapted to the keyless entry system that's been around a while. It is a triangulation setup. The fob/key has to send out a signal to a number of sensors in the car before the car will start. That is how they make sure the key is actually in the car and not some other means. I have been wanting to adapt it to our cars but need to wait to find a C6 in the yard to pull the stuff out of. Shouldn't be to hard to do at all.