Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Attn Experts. Lets put together a thread of Common advice for Beginners

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richiec77
I think this crop of you thread is the best Advice Period so far. If I get a chance to re-write I put this up as #1. Not specific, but the midframe and idea is perfect.

I see so many kids that spend a bunch of money cause X brand is hot. They buy it cause of X features that they dont need and alot of them dont even know what it is or how to work it.

Well I have many years of experience to bring to the table. There is a whole lot to it, its hard to sum up in one thread. Perhaps if the thread was pointed in specific direction, I can provide more insite
Old 03-18-2005, 03:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh and heres another one thats high on the list of general stuff (for me at least)
I see alot of kids going out and spending 50 bucks on a 10,000 watt amp!!!! for 0.00001 picosecond if struck by lightning

You get what you pay for
Old 03-18-2005, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Oh and heres another one thats high on the list of general stuff (for me at least)
I see alot of kids going out and spending 50 bucks on a 10,000 watt amp!!!! for 0.00001 picosecond if struck by lightning

You get what you pay for

Very true. My first amp I bought was a LA (Lightning Audio) B-series amp... and it's still in the box. After I bought it I did some research and found that they were not the best. That was 4 or so years ago, and I didn't know much about audio then. I'm still learning, so I'm no expert by any means.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

OK I will stop pimping the PANASONICS. But whatever brand you choose please wait for the digital version to come out. SMALLER audio companies will soon follow with their copy cat versions. YOU WILL SEE.

CIRCUIT CITY will soon stock the new digital powered PANASONIC CQ-C9901U, CQ-C9801U, CQ-C9701U. Let your ears be the judge.

Last edited by gollum; 03-18-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Since PANASONIC sucks. What is the best head unit and matching speakers for the F-Body? I would like to get rid of the rear hatch back speakers and use only the front door and rear seat subwoofers.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gollum
Since PANASONIC sucks. What is the best head unit and matching speakers for the F-Body? I would like to get rid of the rear hatch back speakers and use only the front door and rear seat subwoofers.
As was mentioned at the beginning of this thread... let your ears be the judge. However, there is good stuff and there is junk. I posted my thoughts a page back, and so have others. You should do some research, find out what has and hasn't worked for others, and then go from there.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ive never had any problems with pioneer that wasnt customer abuse
Old 03-18-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I see so many kids that spend a bunch of money cause X brand is hot. They buy it cause of X features that they dont need and alot of them dont even know what it is or how to work it.

Well I have many years of experience to bring to the table. There is a whole lot to it, its hard to sum up in one thread. Perhaps if the thread was pointed in specific direction, I can provide more insite

Ok. If it's advice or a "Click here for Help starting out" thread it's a bit hard to get specific in one area. I'll have to agree that this is a general thread that is kind of hard to come up with one direction. That is why I'm looking for any and all advice that might pertain to someone with little or no experience other than sitting in someones car or talking to a salesman.

OK. I think maybe a break down into areas like this will help.

1.) amps
2.) speakers
3.) Wiring
4.) etc....

I'll write up a list while I'm hidding from my boss here at work. I need the distraction.

If you have an idea that falls along this line, List it like

"Amps"

Connect Ground after connecting Power (so the chasis isn't hot) and Remote last.

stuff like this will help out.