Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What components?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my JL XR650-CSi's in front and my JL XR650-CXi's in the rear powered off a JL 450/4 and an Eclipse 8454. Very clean!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SilverWS6_2002
I like my JL XR650-CSi's in front and my JL XR650-CXi's in the rear powered off a JL 450/4 and an Eclipse 8454. Very clean!
Awesome radio. I sold a ton of the 8454s. I haven't been a huge fan of JL components though, they seem to always lack high frequency response IMO. That just goes to show you that everyone has different tastes in what sounds good. I have sold several sets of XR components, everyone has liked them so far though. One of the guys at the shop is going to try a set of ZR components in his truck. I'm pretty excited to hear them, they are supposed to be some pretty hot ****.

Good amp choice.

I put one in here. I'm finishing this up this week:

Old 04-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Teching In

HAHA, thanks man. I actually don't have a site up anymore. I'll email you some pics if you want, i dont have anything too recent.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crazy3gz
HAHA, thanks man. I actually don't have a site up anymore. I'll email you some pics if you want, i dont have anything too recent.
Please do, if you have the time. erkki@***.net

I used to have a 92 RS with a 305 TBI, 5 speed. Black with gray interior. I loved that car, but totalled it. I was planning on throwing in an LS1 with a 6 speed, as well as a 4th gen interior before the wreck. I still might pick up a 91-92 Z someday and do that. I love that body style.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Ok guys, I actually picked up a pair of the Alpine Type Rs b/c I got a good deal, but I'm thinking of returning them in favor of the JL XR650-CSi's. I really like how they sounded in the car I heard them in. Can someone point me to a reputable online shop where I can get a good deal? Also, what are local retail shops selling these for?

Thanks guys,
Eric
Old 04-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by erkki
Ok guys, I actually picked up a pair of the Alpine Type Rs b/c I got a good deal, but I'm thinking of returning them in favor of the JL XR650-CSi's. I really like how they sounded in the car I heard them in. Can someone point me to a reputable online shop where I can get a good deal? Also, what are local retail shops selling these for?

Thanks guys,
Eric
I'm not sure of a reliable authorized JL AUDIO dealer online, but I know they retail in my store for $399.95. If you are interested in them, let me know, I shouldn't have a problem shipping them to you.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

cdt's
Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Teching In

retsell.... which shop in norman, the one on lindsey?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSoonr
retsell.... which shop in norman, the one on lindsey?

I am about to move to Tinker AFB. I have some locations of car audio stores that I want to check out. I plan on totally redoing my sound system after the move.

Just wondering what products you sell. I have a rough idea of what I want however I am going to follow common sense and listen to speakers in person.

Also, I agree. Having a shop do the work has it's advantages. If something goes wrong, you have a place that will work it. Plus, I have never installed anything except a couple CD players and a set of co-axial speakers. I know nothing about wiring amps and subs and doing the capacitor, inline fuses, etc. that I plan on doing.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazy3gz
Your best bet would be to go and listen to as much as you can, then research them somewhat online and make your own discision. Everyone likes something different, but people hear different, something might sound like *** to me and you may love it. Are you building your stereo for me or you? that's my .02.

Also, I just installed some of the Pioneer Premier 6.5" components, I think they sound awesome. Very loud, very clear, very clean. You can obviously tell a difference between them and a 500-1k set of Diamond or MB Quart, but for the price I am very pleased.

Yeah, I just sampled a set of those Pioneer's and for the price, you can't beat them, along w/Memphis Mclass coaxials which run around $180/pair.