Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ingnition on / door lock mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up ingnition on / door lock mod

So I've been meaning to do the progressive door lock bypass for about a year and I finally did it. That took all of 5 minutes. I definitely should have done it sooner.

The second mod I did today adds the automatic door lock when the ignition is switched on/off. I used the DEI 425t door lock pulse generator (approx $8). I had a hard time finding a clear write up for this mod so I'll run through how I did it:

First of all, on the 452t, there are 9 wires. You only use 5:
RED - power
BLACK - ground
VIOLET - activation input
GREEN - (-) lock output
BLUE - (-) unlock output

The rest of the wires can be cut short and tied up. Double check that you have the right ones before you cut them or you'll do what I did and accidentally cut the green wire. Whoops.

Next you get to the BCM by removing the panel under the glove box. Pop out the 2 clips with a set of pliers and it will just fall down.

Find the green clip (mine has the green clip, some have 2 clips: male and female. Work with the female side if this is the case).

Splice the BLUE (unlock) wire from the 452t to the ORANGE/BLACK wire in the BCM.

Now splice the GREEN (lock) wire from the 452t to the RED/BLACK wire in the BCM.

I ran the RED (12v constant power) wire from the 452t to the YELLOW wire on the back of my stereo. This provides constant power.

The VIOLET (activation input) wire from the 452t needs to be spliced where it will get a signal when the ignition is turned on and lose the signal when the ignition is turned off. At first, the RED wire on the back of the stereo seemed like a good idea but I forgot about the RAP that keeps power to accessories for 7 minutes after shutting the engine off. I ran the VIOLET wire to the BROWN wire coming out of the ASR switch. Normally GM uses pink wires for 12v accessory power, but I have a 98 and it's a solid brown wire here. For 99 - 02 cars, use the pink wire from the ASR switch.

I ran the BLACK (ground) wire to the 10mm screw right under the glove box.

Finally, I mounted the 452t behind the stereo. There's room on the passenger side back there. 2 sided tape or velcro will do the trick.

Now when I turn the key to on, the doors lock. When I turn the key off, the doors unlock. I really like this feature. Some people do, some don't. This write up is for those like me who prefer not to go in blindly.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

That is so annoying to me. My wifes suburban does it, and it drives both of us crazy.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Teching In

yeah, it's a love/hate mod. 50% of me likes the feature, the other 50% just likes to wire stuff up.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
That is so annoying to me. My wifes suburban does it, and it drives both of us crazy.
Depending on the year of the suburban, you should be able to disable that function. check the owners manual, I think it's in the general area for the keyfob alterations (if the horn beeps, lights flash etc.)
Old 05-09-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
I agree it's annoying. I disabled it on my Denali.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ptvolly
Depending on the year of the suburban, you should be able to disable that function. check the owners manual, I think it's in the general area for the keyfob alterations (if the horn beeps, lights flash etc.)
The factory system has been removed and an aftermarket alarm has been put in. I have the manual for it, I just need to make time to read it.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to Sticky your 1st post in the CAQ for you. Nice wirte up. Someone might find use for it.

Quick Reply: ingnition on / door lock mod