Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need help! 04 Silverado Stereo Pinouts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help! 04 Silverado Stereo Pinouts...

We are adding an amp to a 2004 Silverado with factory Bose stereo and need to tap the Hi/Low in. What I am looking for is the wiring diagram of the stereo with wire colors and locations.

Also, I tried removing the head unit and it only moves about an inch from the mount. Anyone know how to get it out? I have experience with stereo equipment in GMs but this one is kicking my ***!

Thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too certain on the pin-out. I'll have to check.

Might be a Jam nut or a connection stuck in the back. Might have to fish underneath to feel it out.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

IF you are trying to add a sub you need to open the center console and remove the center liner or holder. It has philips screws around the perimeter and then you have to remove a rubber liner that lays in the floor of the console and remove six more screws then the liner/ box will lift straight out. The amp is mounted to the floor and the electrical connectors go into the amp at the rearmost part of the console. The wires that run the factory sub are green and green with a black tracer, blue, and blue with a black tracer. You can cut the wires running to the factory sub to turn it off the put the line out adaptor on the wires that are coming out of the amp. Then just tape back the wires that run to the factory sub. Or if you want to leave the factory sub playing you can just hook the line out adaptor in line with the factory sub.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

I did not know there was a factory sub in there. Thanks. I will look into this.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Not to hijack the thread but did anyone find the pinouts?

I would like to tap into the phone mute controls on the radio for a custom hands free kit for my phone. Vs using the onstar service for handsfree cell phone I would like to modify my handsfree kit to use the onstar mic and the stereo's speakers, along with the radio mute wire.

Any one from the dealership get ahold of the service manual?
Would like the Onstar wiring harness diagram, along with the 04 and newer radio, and driver information center (in dash cluster).

You get what I am looking to tackle. The 04 and newer LT's have basically a built in phone, but onstar is linked with verizon phone plans, and you don't actually need a physical phone in the new truck to make calls, the onstar does it for you. I want to use my onstar mic, and factory radio, along with my steering wheel controls to contol my physical cellphone, using my cell phone pllan and minutes when I am in the car. A sort of plug the phone into a cradle/wiring adaptor, and have a truly integrated hands free.

IF someone can get me the all the interior wiring diagrams I will figure out how to make this work and then post if for all.