Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tach wont work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005 | 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Tach wont work!!!

ok so i hooked up my tach in my car today and now it is not working.......the shift light is on all the time but the tach doesnt not read the rpm"S....when i turn the car on it moves backwards but then just stays at 0...? any thouhgt of what it could be ..
Old 05-12-2005 | 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Double check all your wires, make sure you have a good connection. If it still doesn't work, call Autometer, or whoever makes it. I had the same problem. Bought a new Cobalt tach and installed that, and it worked fine. Hooked up the old one on exact same lines that the Cobalt one is hooked up to, and had the exact same problem. Shift light would come on when I start, needle would sweep, but wouldn't read rpm's. Still need to send it into Autometer to get fixed so I can sell it.
Old 05-13-2005 | 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

i heard that u can send the tach back in and they will fix it for u for like 40 bucks???? have u heard about that at all?? can u jhust send it back in to get it fixed..
Old 05-14-2005 | 05:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt..any ideas