Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Down Fire sub/box ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Down Fire sub/box ?

Hey guys who makes down fire subs. I have heard that a regular sub would have problems with sag.If any one could tell me it would be a big help.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mangledgmc03
Hey guys who makes down fire subs. I have heard that a regular sub would have problems with sag.If any one could tell me it would be a big help.
i've heard similar things about hanging a speaker upside down, i aint no smart audio guy but years and years ago i ran 2 kicker f-15's in a downfiring setup for about 2 years and never had any problems with it that i noticed.

i would think if anything having a speaker either facing straight up or straight down would be better for voice coil alignment than having a subs cone face vertically.

but like i said, i dont know much. maybe one of the crazy smart guys will post.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Baltimore Whore

so anybody else know or what.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Launching!

As an installer, we got the opportunity to mount subs in all sorts of configurations, with no ill effects whatsoever. As a matter-of-fact, I've never even heard of any problems regarding this - just lots of speculation. I'd be interested to hear of any concrete evidence that says otherwise; till that point, I ain't worrying.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Other then different air spaces (because the basket/motor assem./magnet take up space) there is nothing wrong with it.