Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need help with Kenwood deck

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Kenwood deck

My girlfriend just bought a Kenwood kdc-mp528 deck. I hooked up everything for her tonight and I have run into a really weird problem. When we turn it to "tuner," everything works great. The amp sounds good and such. However, when we turn it to either CD or Aux(IPod), the amp turns off. I really can't figure this one out. Could I have plugged in the input wrong? It won't even recognize that there is an amp when it is on either of those settings. On "tuner" it has full amp controls.
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks,
John
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

I had the same problem with a install, when tuner was on all was fine and when on anything else the factory amps shut off. Think it happened in my Chrysler LHS and I can't remember what I did, had something to do with the factory amp had a power lead not the same as the plug so had to wire it myself. Sorry I couldn't be more help, it isn't a bad deck, is just a wiring problem.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If you are using the antenna wire as the remote turn-on, some headunits lower the antenna when you arent using the tuner. Therefore, no remote turn-on signal. If the headunit has a seperate remote turn-on signal and that is what you used, then this wouldn't be your problem.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
If you are using the antenna wire as the remote turn-on, some headunits lower the antenna when you arent using the tuner. Therefore, no remote turn-on signal. If the headunit has a seperate remote turn-on signal and that is what you used, then this wouldn't be your problem.

sounds like that's your problem....i almost did the same thing on my stereo, then i stopped & thought about it for a sec, and was like...."that won't work...."
Old 05-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VIP1
Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1

sounds like that's your problem....i almost did the same thing on my stereo, then i stopped & thought about it for a sec, and was like...."that won't work...."
I took the deck out today and sure enough...wrong blue wire. Thanks for the good advice guys.