Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

BCM and power lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM and power lock issue

Hey, any ideas about this one:
I was sitting in the car listening to the radio after parking and turning the car off, my BCM "times out" and shuts the radio off after x minutes. Here's the weird part, my passenger side power lock switch doesn't do anything now. Is this a glitch or a "F-Body feature" (as my buddy calls them)?
Thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Launching!

You mean the passenger-side switch doesn't work at all? Hmm, never heard of that one - maybe it is one of those 'features' !
Old 05-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

It is a feature of the system. The BCM "goes to sleep" after a time-out period (this is why aftermarket alarms need extra wiring to "wake up" the BCM). The idea is to prevent someone from prying a window of a locked car and pressing the unlock button with a coat hanger. It also will shut off any courtesy lights even if you leave a door open in order to keep your battery from going dead.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It is a feature of the system. The BCM "goes to sleep" after a time-out period (this is why aftermarket alarms need extra wiring to "wake up" the BCM). The idea is to prevent someone from prying a window of a locked car and pressing the unlock button with a coat hanger. It also will shut off any courtesy lights even if you leave a door open in order to keep your battery from going dead.
Thanks, once again you've hooked me up.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Is there a method to bypass the bcm sleep.
I installed a remote start but it only unlocks the doors right after I lock them, or after I remote start the car because then it wakes the bcm up.