Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need a 12v switching wire...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a 12v switching wire...

I'm installing a transmission temperature gauge in the car. I've got the sender hooked up, the gauge is grounded, and I'm going to fuse tap the dimmer fuse on the side of the dash for illumination. Which wire should I use for the 12v switching? I thought about getting a wire tap and putting it on one of the wires in the radio harness, but I forgot which pin the 12v switching wire comes off of (previously had a LOC and had an amp's remote turn on tapped off this wire). If anyone knows of a good wire to tap in to for the gauges 12v source it would be much appreciated.

The write up I had had me using a male blade connector and stuffing it in the unused IGN fuse spot on the fuse panel, not gonna happen. I'd like something a little more secure. I tried this method and the blade connector just kept falling out.

By the FAQ, I think I can tap into the yellow wire on the C1 connector for 12v switching and tap the brown wire for the gauge to dim like the rest of the dash does when the lights go on (or would that be the gray wire?). What do you guys think?