Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

true radar jammer, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a jammer called the "Phazer II" im not sure on how good it works but the way it works is a cop radar gun takes your speed like 10 times in 1 second. wut this jammer is supposed to do is send one signal saying your going 15mph and another signal saying your goin 312mph. this confuses the radr gun and it reads 0mph to the cop. anywone heard of this? correct me if im wrong
Old 07-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by CarHunter05
Theres a jammer called the "Phazer II" im not sure on how good it works but the way it works is a cop radar gun takes your speed like 10 times in 1 second. wut this jammer is supposed to do is send one signal saying your going 15mph and another signal saying your goin 312mph. this confuses the radr gun and it reads 0mph to the cop. anywone heard of this? correct me if im wrong
The Phazer II is a passive "jammer" and doesn't transmit anything. That's the only reason they can sell them without the Feds getting upset. It's supposed to mix in "white noise" with the reflected radar signal to confuse the radar gun.

It doesn't work. There is no such thing as a passive radar jammer that can actually beat modern DSP-based radar guns. You might as well stick wadded up aluminum foil in your wheels like they used to do in the 60s to avoid radar (didn't work then either).
Old 07-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The Phazer II is a passive "jammer" and doesn't transmit anything. That's the only reason they can sell them without the Feds getting upset. It's supposed to mix in "white noise" with the reflected radar signal to confuse the radar gun.

It doesn't work. There is no such thing as a passive radar jammer that can actually beat modern DSP-based radar guns. You might as well stick wadded up aluminum foil in your wheels like they used to do in the 60s to avoid radar (didn't work then either).
Thanks for the info I definatly wont get one now. i was just going by the discription which is obvioulsy false but thought it would be a good idea to post somthing and get some real feedback. Thanks

Quick Reply: true radar jammer, which one?