Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Speakers in a Monsoon System

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Speakers in a Monsoon System

My speakers are blown. I am going to sell my car in a few months, and would like it to sound good until then, not to mention sell better b/c of the new speakers. Now here's my question. The speakers that are there are the stock Monsoons...so they are 2 ohm. Would I need to replace those with 2 ohm speakers if it's like a three-way or a two-way speaker, so not a component system, or if I removed the crossover from the system, should i put regular 4 ohm speakers in? Also, where is the crossover, and how hard is a new headunit to wire up with the way the car is built?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-29-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please read the sticky (In yellow or highlighted) for "Sale Requirements".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/90012-if-you-wish-post-something-sale.html
Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MaynardsTool
My speakers are blown. I am going to sell my car in a few months, and would like it to sound good until then, not to mention sell better b/c of the new speakers. Now here's my question. The speakers that are there are the stock Monsoons...so they are 2 ohm. Would I need to replace those with 2 ohm speakers if it's like a three-way or a two-way speaker, so not a component system, or if I removed the crossover from the system, should i put regular 4 ohm speakers in? Also, where is the crossover, and how hard is a new headunit to wire up with the way the car is built?

Thanks,
Sam
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/303776-frequently-asked-questions.html
Start with reading #11.

Hey Richiec777
I think he was asking about replaceing speakers in his car, your link sent him to
If you wish to post something for sale....
Old 06-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Teching In

I already read all of that, and what he is talking about is replacing the stock system with another component system, I'm asking about replacing the component system with muli-element speakers. So to do that I would have to cut out the crossover. My question is...since it is 2 ohm after the crossover on both lines, is it 4 ohm before the crossover before it is split into high-end for the tweeter, and low end for the woofer?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
Hey Richiec777
I think he was asking about replaceing speakers in his car, your link sent him to
I deleted his "For Sale" Post. The Mods can see that, regular users can't. You didn't know becuase I caught it right after it posted.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Richiec77
I deleted his "For Sale" Post. The Mods can see that, regular users can't. You didn't know becuase I caught it right after it posted.
I see Master Richiec777...lol.