Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trunk Sleeping in 2004 GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trunk Sleeping in 2004 GTO???

I'm installing an aftermarket alarm in a 2004 GTO. Everything works fine, however I cannot get trunk release to work. It works for the first 5 seconds or so after the ignition is switched off, however, it will not operate after that. I'm sure everyone has heard of the Ford's GEM module falling asleep, but I've never encountered it in GM. (Damn Aussie Cars). If anyone has encountered this and solved the problem, please respond.
Yet another reason why the F-Body should not have been replaced.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like you are getting power from something that is controlled to turn off after 5 seconds... Where are you pulling your power from?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

It maybe a security lock out feature. Sometimes in my car the trunk won't release after the car has been parked for awhile. I think it just keeps anyone from accessing the car throught the trunk using the remote switch from inside.(Say if the pried the window down a little or something.) If it is that you should be able to adjust it through the program of the security on your car.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default Damn GTO!

Originally Posted by Charging TA
Sounds like you are getting power from something that is controlled to turn off after 5 seconds... Where are you pulling your power from?
Power is getting pulled from the main ignition harness in the column. So everything is powered where it needs to be. Everything (alarm, keyless) works fine except for trunk. According to Directechs: the proper wire for trunk is a blue/white with a negative trigger. Works fine for the first 5 seconds after ignition is switched off but after that, nothing. Go figure. TooMuchRice...got any ideas?