Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarming

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarming

I have evidently pushed something and reset something in alarm. Does anyone know how to re-program alarm settings? Right now when I hit the lock button on remote, the horn beeps two then after a shory pause, the alarm goes off on the car. Also, when I hit the unlock button, the horn beeps two. It has never did this before. Before, it would beep the horn twice when I locked it and just flash the parking lights when I unlocked it. No horn sound on the unlocking.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by iquois
I have evidently pushed something and reset something in alarm. Does anyone know how to re-program alarm settings? Right now when I hit the lock button on remote, the horn beeps two then after a shory pause, the alarm goes off on the car. Also, when I hit the unlock button, the horn beeps two. It has never did this before. Before, it would beep the horn twice when I locked it and just flash the parking lights when I unlocked it. No horn sound on the unlocking.
Look in the user manual for the key fob settings, youll find all the answers there.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default manual`

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Look in the user manual for the key fob settings, youll find all the answers there.
That's one of my problems, I bought the car used and the manual was missing..............
Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iquois
That's one of my problems, I bought the car used and the manual was missing..............
What's your car model/year?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:56 AM
Staging Lane

Default alarmed

Originally Posted by ACW
What's your car model/year?
98 camaro Z28
Old 08-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I posted a copy of the owner's manual instructions for programming the alarm here (it's the 4th or 5th post in the thread).