Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

This sux! Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This sux! Need Advice!

Well, my sail speakers (rear seat speakers) were blown, so I decided to replace them with Rockford Fosgates. I disconnected the old speakers and connected the longer pair of wires to my new speaks. I dont know what the problem is, but I'm not getting any subs or bass...cant even hear the speakers, but they are functioning. Is this due to going to a single coil speaker instead of the dual coil???? Damn, this sux man.......any help is much appreciated guys, thanks!
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is covered in the sticky's.

It is likely as simple as using the wrong pair of wires. You may have a short. Read the stickies and if you are ok per them, check your wiring. If that doesn't pan out try hooking the speakers up to something else to make sure they are ok.

Very unlikely you got two bad speakers. If they are ok, your wiring was ok, then the amp becomes suspect.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Which model speaker did you get? If you got a pair design for 150W RMS, then you're not going to hear anything much above a whisper from the Monsoon amp. Otherwise, there is something wrong, like Todd mentioned.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Well, I pulled my speaks out today and used the SHORTER wires.....and everything is working fine now. So for all of the T/A owners, might want to try both pairs of wires in your car if you're replacing the sail speakers!