Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kicker 04SSMB6??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker 04SSMB6??

Hey all, Im in the same boat as probably a lot of you, wanting to replace those sail panel woofers that blow every 6 months (or less). Ive been researching and have only found out that the Rockford Fosgate 6.5" isnt produced anymore..Im replacing the door speakers with the Alpine set-up reccomended by RogueLeader. Anybody have experience or reccomendations?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14424

Thanks,
-Philip
Old 12-28-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

/\
/\
anybody????
Old 12-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Launching!

There are a lot of companies that make 6 1/2" midrange woofers. Technically, the aren't subwoofers...but I don't think the stock speaker should be considered one either.
I have a set of CDT HD components sitting here for my other car, but I think I might try the woofer in the sail panel in the T/A just to see what happens.
I know another member on here has used the ED 650 midrange speaker and reported that it sounded better than stock too.
Bottom line is I'm not sure you actually need a speaker that is considered a "subwoofer" for the sail panel in these cars
Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

ya I totally understand, what I want though is to get a good aftermarket speaker or woofer to make the sail panel speaker/woofer sound better, but most of all not blow every 6 months. I understand that with the stock monsoon amp and setup I wont be able to get the most out of whatever speaker I put in, but I want to put in quality speakers that will last in the back seat and a good component system in the front. Any more comments/advice will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks again,
-Philip
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be installing Audiobahn AMD60Q's back there soon. I'll let you know how they sound. I had the Image Dynamics CX62's on back order, but got tired of waiting for them. I didn't like the specs on the SSMB6, so never really considered them.