Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer cd changer with JVC H/U with cd controller?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer cd changer with JVC H/U with cd controller?

I'm really new to audio, so help me out here. I can get a pioneer 6 disc cdx p650 changer with an extra magazine for $40 plus shipping. My JVC head unit (KS FX470) has a built in cd controller. If I can get a patch cord for them, will it work, or would I be wasting my money? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

You could go FM modulated but it wont sound as good.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Teching In

If I use an RCA to IP bus? connector, I think I can get the good sound. Will I be able to control it from the head unit that way, though?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

your head unit has to take an ip-bus and the multi-cd player eithor needs to have an ip-bus also or it needs to have an rca adapter
Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

There's two issues here...direct connecting the output from the changer to the head unit and controlling the changer from the head unit.

Assuming you have auxilliary input on the head unit (not all JVC decks have that) or that you can find a cable to connect to the bus then the direct connection isn't really a problem.

However, providing a direct audio connection for the audio has nothing to do with controlling the changer. You will not be able to change discs or tracks from the JVC head unit. That model of changer is designed to work only with a compatible Pioneer head unit.