Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mirror Mounted Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mirror Mounted Radar Detector

I have seen a post about something like this a while back. I would like to know if anyone knows how this could be done. I would like to get a mirror that has the temp and compas in the corner and then somhow get my screen from my radar detector mounted in it. The sensors could then be mounted to the front and rear of the car somewhere to keep the detector invisible to anyone who does not know were they are looking. If anyone knows how this can be done post up. RIght now I have a Cobra detector, but I know in this post a while back it was determined that it could not be done very well with these so I would need to get a new detector to use for this.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a good idea I would also be interested to know how this works.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

It can be done but its waaayy to expensive for me.
At the time I was considering it I was looking at an estimated $450+

Old 03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Valentine makes an adapter for their V1 model. Its a rear view mirror with the indicators in the right corner, 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick has posted a picture of it above. You need to purchase the radar and also the adaptor. i believe the radar retails for 400 er somethin like that and you can find the adaptor on ebay for around 150

-Chris
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Damn thats clean. I can't see spending that much though. My bel was about $285 which I thought was rediculous.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks like a nice setup, but what I was thinking about had the display of a detector in the center bottom part of the mirror, and then in the upper right corner had a compass and temp. It looked very much like the stock mirror with the lights under and everything just had the additional displays for these three items.