Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

components

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default components

Do these install just like regular speakers, or would I have to do something special?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Components will need seperate mounting spots. If you have a firebird they are there for you, if you have a camaro you will have to find a spot to mount the tweeters. It's not that hard, plenty of people on the board have done it. You will also need to mount the crossovers somewhere.
To be more direct they are more difficult to install, but that is the price you pay for the better sound quality. Worth the extra effort in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Teching In

alright, if I didnt want to go through the effort of installing components, and I was building a new system from scratch, what type of speaker would I put up front?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Components are probably the best for sound quality, but if you don't want to use them, then you could just throw a good set of coaxial speakers in the doors. Some coaxs even come with a small crossover thats real easy to hook up. I bought a set of Infinity Kappa 62.7i, for my sail panels, and I think they sound great.
Just before you buy any make sure the ohms on the speakers are not too low for your amp. The kappas are two ohm, not all amps are two ohm stable.