Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Programming a new key FOB

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming a new key FOB

Does anyone have instructions on how to do this yourself, or do i HAVE to take it to a dealer? I worked on Dodge's for a number of years and the programming was fairly simple, but have never done a GM. Figuring its the same but dont know how exactly to do it. Thanks! and sorry if this is allready posted, I searched and didnt see anything.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this yourself, or do i HAVE to take it to a dealer? I worked on Dodge's for a number of years and the programming was fairly simple, but have never done a GM. Figuring its the same but dont know how exactly to do it. Thanks! and sorry if this is allready posted, I searched and didnt see anything.
The instructions are in your owner's manual and they were also posted here (in case you don't have a manual). It's sort of an odd procedure but it works. Just be sure to program all your remotes at the same time or they won't all work.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually there are instructions right inside the fob itself.
Pop it open like you're gonna change the battery, and there should be instructions right in it.

But usually these instructions are just to re-match it to the car, not for programming a new one.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, hell, i thought it would be something tough. Thanks for saving me all the trouble guys! maybe next time my lazy *** will look in the manual for that kinda thing