Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring specs question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring specs question

I dont want to spend around 50 for the iPod fm transmitter let alone its like a radio station. does anyone know the specs for the plug from the 10 disk changer, or any other wiring INput into the stock head unit? I figure you can splice into it with a coaxial cable as you would plug it into your home stereo. It would save money and it would be stereo quality with the direct connection.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

The pinouts for the head unit (including the changer plug) are listed in the FAQ at the top of the forum. I don't think you'll be able to just wire up the audio channels because the head unit uses serial communications to recognize and control the changer. Without that serial data the HU will probably just ignore any other signal at the plug. But don't buy an FM modulator adapter. There are adapters on the market by PIE and PAC that connect auxiliary devices (satellite radio, iPod, etc.) to the changer port.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=9711085423