Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory Alarm Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory Alarm Question

My shock sensor doesn't work nor does the L.E.D. on the dask. My key fob will lock/unlock the doors and the trunk. The panic button also works but that's about it. what do i do? can i buy another alarm that's compatible with the factory? any ideas?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Bomb
My shock sensor doesn't work nor does the L.E.D. on the dask. My key fob will lock/unlock the doors and the trunk. The panic button also works but that's about it. what do i do? can i buy another alarm that's compatible with the factory? any ideas?
You have a couple of options. First, I would check the programming to make sure that the alarm function isn't merely turned off. You can do that using the instruction in your owner's manual which are also posted here.

Second, you can get the DEI Hornet 727T Keyless Entry Upgrade system. It is an aftermarket alarm system that is designed to integrate with your factory keyless entry and use the original factory remotes. You can find it online for about $75 and the whole thing (except the siren) can be wired right at the BCM so it's relatively easy to install. I have had the older 700T model in my car for three years now and it has worked flawlessly. I also added the perimeter sensor to protect the car when the t-tops are off.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks bro! i think that's all the info i've been lookin for.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i did what it said to do, I changed the setting on the alarm. my shock sensor is on but it is not very sensitive at all. Sesitivity is as high as it will go. My LED never came on either. i guess i'll be lookin for a new alarm.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait, i lied. i got it to work. the alarm system was disabled off. i went down to mess with it some more after my last post and got it to work. i've had the car for 4 years and i finally got it to work thanks to Whitebird00. thanks again bro!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Mine is plenty sensitive, my car honks if a plane flies overhead. Granted I'm like 300 yards from the runway lol.