Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radio Static

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:52 PM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio Static

I installed an alpine 9856 h/u in my car about 3 weeks ago probably. I mostly listen to cd's, but whenever i try to listen to the radio, I get some static- not a lot but enough to be annoying. This basically happens on all the stations that I have preset. One of the 6 preset stations is shitty and goes static on any radio, but I've never had static from the other stations (they are all local). And this only happens with the radio. It is static free playing a CD. I am gonna check the antenna connection on the back of the radio tomorrow. If the connection is good, what could this be? I hate trying to listen to the radio with friends in the car and its sounds like ****. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:07 PM
What's a Sticky?

bump.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the same problem. I installed an Alpine 9847. Stations that used to come in clear with the old deck are now all shitty. Ive checked the antenna connection a couple times and all seems good. Did you get yours fixed? Anybody know what this could be?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my brother has a Alpine head unit in his truck and it never gets that good of a signal for the radio I guess its just the head unit or something I donno. Its weird.