Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Window Valet for 01 Camaro SS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Valet for 01 Camaro SS

hey guys,
just curious..anybody seen anything for window valet for a 2001 camaro. My buddy has a 2000 vette and they make this window valet that rolls your windows down and turns the radio on with your remote for the alarm. Do they make this for the camaros? the factory alarm and radios look the same...thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001SSBOY
hey guys,
just curious..anybody seen anything for window valet for a 2001 camaro. My buddy has a 2000 vette and they make this window valet that rolls your windows down and turns the radio on with your remote for the alarm. Do they make this for the camaros? the factory alarm and radios look the same...thanks for your help.
First, welcome to the forum.

You can do the windows similar to the 'Vette. You need to do the progressive door lock mod first. The mod changes the way your remote unlock button works so that both doors will unlock on the first press of the button. This leaves the second press of the button as an additional channel that can be used for other functions such as window control. Next you need to get one of DEI's 530T window modules. This module is a power window controller that can be triggered by the momentary signal generated on the additional channel wire to lower (or raise) the windows. So, you would press the unlock button once to unlock the doors and a second time to lower the windows.

I suppose you could also hook up a latching relay to the circuit to power the radio as well. There are a couple of "gotcha's" to watch out for when doing these mods so if you want to do them be sure to ask.