Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine deck cutting out...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alpine deck cutting out...suggestions?

Hey guys. This deck is in my truck not the camaro. I picked up an Alpine CD/MP3 deck back in December. As well I got some Pioneer 6X8's for the doors. Installed the deck using the proper wiring adapter and put the pioneers in the doors. Worked great for about a month. Then on morning the deck wouldnt put out any sound. Everything else worked but no sound. Turned out the speaker was grounding to the door when the screws were in. When the screws were taken out everything worked. When it was grounded the deck's amp shut off completely Got a new speaker, no more problems, until now. Problem is intermitant now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I have checked the wiring and all seems fine. Turn the truck on, doesnt work. Turn off and on again and it works. Its getting really anoying and of course, I cant duplicate the problem when I take it in for the shop to see it. Any suggestions? I think its the deck.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure, but I would think if the decks channel was shot, it wouldn't work, car on or off. Sounds like somethings screwy with your wiring.