Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

security light on, car wont start??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default security light on, car wont start??

well when i got out of work last night, i opened my car with the remote like usual, i turned on the accesories, and noticed my ac was on so i turned it off right away..then i go to start the car, and nothing, the security light was on, don't know why, so i decided to get out of my car. lock it then unlocked it, and tried to start it, did this 3 times and finally it started.
does anyone know why this would happen??
thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its happen to me b4. im guessing the security didnt disarm the fuel injection part of the system
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Restricted User

the security light has nothing to do with your alarm. It's the VATS system in the key. The value it read from the key did not match what the car was expecting to see. It could be the key cylinder going bad, but one easy thing to check first is the ground connections at the top of each kickpanel. If they are a little loose, the BCM can not get a good reference to ground, and will not get an accurate read on your key.

mike
Old 05-05-2006, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Another cause could be that the module on the key got dirty or wet causing an incorrect read. Wait 20 minutes or so. It should be ok after that.