Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help!!!

ok, my brakelight in my passenger side taillight has been burnt out for about a week now so i went up to autozone last night to get a new one. when i took my taillight apart about a half gallon of water came out . im geussing this is why my brake light burn out. anyway i emptied all the water out of the taillight and cleaned and dried the brakelight bulb, there was a little corrosion but not much and as soon as it was clean i put the new bulb in and it worked fine.

this morning my dad moved my car and shortly after i jumped in and went to work. the first thing i noticed was that my odometer was not light....ok.....then i look at my radio and thats off too. i punched some buttons to it wouldnt come on. i call my dad and accuse him of braking something but he said he didnt touch anything. My windows, power seats, gauges/needles, a/c, headlights taillights, drl's/parking lights all work fine. however when i lock/unlock my car with the little keyless entry the drl's/taillights dont flash like usual.... .....so i took a break from work and went outside and pulled the negative batter cable, plugged it back in and everything was fine. but then i went out later to leave from work and everything is still broken again, no flashing parking lights with lock, stereo and odometer still dont work......anyone have any geusses wtf is going?? oh and i thought maybe the bulb i replaced may have shorted out the system but the bulb and everything still work.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

*update* i drove about 3 miles from my house to the grocery store and back and as soon as i pulled in my driveway everything was fine.......but about 45 minutes later i went to check if it was still working and it was broken again. so i tried pulling the negative battery cable and this time it didnt do anything.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Have you looked for blown fuses?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

somehow my #15 fuse was coming lose...i pulled it out and put it back in properly and its fine now.