Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

In dash DVD HU

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default In dash DVD HU

I was looking to get a good hardwire kid for my ipod whe i realized i should just get a DVD head unit. I have the monsoon system with i realize is going to be a pain in the ***, but i was wondering what a good cheap one that would work with as little modification as possible would be... also one that i could wire so that i could watch movies while driving.... thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
I was looking to get a good hardwire kid for my ipod whe i realized i should just get a DVD head unit. I have the monsoon system with i realize is going to be a pain in the ***, but i was wondering what a good cheap one that would work with as little modification as possible would be... also one that i could wire so that i could watch movies while driving.... thanks
pioneer avh-p5700dvd. They are on ebay for about $600 bucks. Just run a wire from the back to a toggle switch. It works just fine.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
Why on earth would you do something as stupid/dangerous as watching movies while driving?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Why on earth would you do something as stupid/dangerous as watching movies while driving?
maybe he's not, maybe it's for his kids.

Why do people change the radio and drive, or try to eat and drive. If you do one of the two, it's no different.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=wickedwarlock]pioneer avh-p5700dvd. They are on ebay for about $600 bucks. Just run a wire from the back to a toggle switch. It works just fine. [/QUOTE
This is true. I just got mine off of ebay brand new for cheap, 300 less than what circuit city wanted. I have the monsoon and it installed in no time at all. I hooked it up to the ebrake and can still watch movies while driving, all you have to do is leave the ebrake up a little just like you would if you wanted to deactivate the drl.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
maybe he's not, maybe it's for his kids.

Why do people change the radio and drive, or try to eat and drive. If you do one of the two, it's no different.
I don't want to get too far off topic but that's NOT what he said.
...also one that i could wire so that i could watch movies while driving...
Changing a radio station takes a moment, watching a movie takes 90 minutes or more. Do you really think they're the same thing? The point is that when you're driving you need to pay attention to your driving and to what's going on around you. Watching a movie certainly isn't the way to do that.

I don't care if he runs himself into a ditch. It's the innocent person (who might be me) that he takes with him that worries me.