Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keyless entry

Is the AU0 code on the door. I cannot find it. But I'm pretty sure I have factory alarm system. I think it might of been disconnected by previous owner, but I have a sticker on the window that says something about "Radio alarm system." I'm trying to get a keyless remote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

The "Radio Security System" or "Radio Anti-Theft System" is known as TheftLoc and applies only to the radio. It allows a lock code to be programmed into the radio by the owner so that if the radio is stolen it won't work in another car without the unlock code. There is a small red LED on the radio face that blinks when a code has been set and the car is shut off.

There was no factory alarm system listed for the 94 T/A (it appears that the alarm system didn't become an option until 96). If you don't have the AU0 or AU6 codes on your door sticker then you don't have factory keyless entry. As long as you have power locks you can add keyless entry using an aftermarket alarm system - there are a number of good systems available at reasonable prices.