Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Frustrating Lights / Codes ? Going off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrating Lights / Codes ? Going off.

I wasn't sure this was the right place to post this, but it's worth a shot. I'm having a very frustrating problem, and really want to avoid bringing it into the dealership. Still learning about these cars in general, but recently have had a computer or electrical problem of some kind. Randomly while driving, at random intervals, my traction control will turn off, also setting off the light on the dash automatically, and will not be able to turn back on until I restart the car. Also, seconds after this happens, the e-brake light engages, but the brake isnt actually engaged, however, it does really keep the traction control off. Lastly, as these two other things go off, the ABS INOP light comes on, but the ABS is also still working properly. All of this happens in a matter of seconds. Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I had something similar happen in my old 95 Z28. It turned out to be a faulty ABS wheel sensor. However, the brake light on the dash (the one you refer to as e-brake) is a different issue. Besides the parking brake, that light also indicates problems with the service brake - especially pressure problems. I would get that checked as soon as possible.