Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pyle Audio Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pyle Audio Stuff

To start, yes I'm well aware of how terrible this company's products are. However, I am installing a 1,000 watt, 4-channel pyle amplifier to go along with my four Pyle speakers. I just got through wiring the entire system up and the receiver works perfectly. However, the amplifier's "protection" LED lights up but the "power" LED won't light up (meaning that the amp won't come on, and therefore the speakers won't work. If I pull the RCA cables in and out, the amp lights up for an instant and then shuts off. Also, I am POSITIVE that the 8 gauge power wire I have run to it is run correctly. As for the REM wire, I have it connected to the "power antenna" wire on the back of the receiver (correct?). WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????
Old 06-30-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No. You no need to connect the REM wire to a switched +12v source. The antenna control wire won't work, as you can see.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Launching!

so instead of running the REM wire to the "power antenna" wire, I should run it in with the 12v power source to the receiver?
Old 07-01-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Assuming it's keyed source not a direct battery (always on). Since the head unit doesn't have amp remote signal, this is the best way to do it. THe down side is that the amp will be on anytime the car is running whether or not your stereo is turned on. I believe there is an extra accessory power connection in the fuse panel. That would likely be the most convenient place to tap into.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

on the deck should be blue or blue/white stripe, if it aint working just try jumping from the power on your amp to the remote to make sure the amp is not bunk. also make sure none of your wires have been damaged causing a short
Old 07-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTechGent
No. You no need to connect the REM wire to a switched +12v source. The antenna control wire won't work, as you can see.
Why not? If it's a factory head unit then the power antenna wire provides 12V power whenever the head unit is on. On the other hand, if it's an aftermarket HU then it might only provide power during radio operation and stop when switched to CD but most aftermarket units like that have a wire specifically for remote turn-on.