Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What kind/size of connector is this? (DRL module C2)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What kind/size of connector is this? (DRL module C2)

I’m working on doing a bypass of the Daytime Running Lights and automatic headlights. I’m using the directions that I found several links to from ls1tech http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html
I want to make a change, though. Instead of actually soldering the module, I would like to put a terminal in the empty cavity position B of the small connector on the DRL module. I plan to run the wire to a switch that would enable me to toggle back and forth between bypassed and not-bypassed.

So, I need to buy some of the crimp-on female terminals that fit this connector. My question – what brand/model/size connector is this (labeled C2):

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try asking the dealer for a "repair kit" for your DRL connectors. They come with pre-crimped wires that just snap into the connectors. I got one for my alternator once when I accidently yanked the one wire out...

On another note, does the mod you mentioned delete just the DRL's or does it also axe your automatic headlights? Been looking at doing it, but I like auto headlights.

-Geoff
Old 07-05-2006, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
Try asking the dealer for a "repair kit" for your DRL connectors. They come with pre-crimped wires that just snap into the connectors. I got one for my alternator once when I accidently yanked the one wire out...

On another note, does the mod you mentioned delete just the DRL's or does it also axe your automatic headlights? Been looking at doing it, but I like auto headlights.

-Geoff
It bypasses BOTH the DRL's and the automatic headlights.

I like the auto headlights also, but not at the track. That's why I want to make it switchable.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

In case anyone is interested, the answer turned out to be that it is a "Metri-Pak 150 Series Unsealed." The GM Part # for the female terminal that fits the empty hole is 12047767. It looks like this:

Top View:

Side View:

I hooked it up this evening and everything works perfectly.

Last edited by Mr Ed; 07-24-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

You can eliminate the DRLs without affecting the automatic headlights and without taking the DRL module apart. Simply remove the light blue, light blue with white, dark blue, and dark blue with white wires from the black connector at the DRL module. Then connect the dark blue to the dark blue with white and connect the light blue to the light blue with white. This will bypass the DRL module for the front lights while still maintaining front turn signal operation and not affecting automatic headlights. You could do it by cutting and splicing the wires but removing the pins from the connector makes it easier to put back to stock later.