Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory sail panels not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory sail panels not working

My factory sail panel speakers on my 02 ss seem to have just stopped working. There is no more bass…only treble. Could this possibly have been my amp going out? Anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

If it is has the monsoon system you shouldn't have anything but bass coming from your sails but if you have the regular system then it sounds like your woofer might be blown...
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

no it is the monsoon system. I wasnt implying that treble was coming out of the sails....just saying thats all i heard in the car. Nothing is coming out of the sail panel speakers. I thought if it was blown, it would still make sound...it would jsut be distorted and you could hear the cone rattling??? Maybe im wrong though...these stereos suck!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

I had the same problem as you and sometimes they rattle and sometimes they dont, my pass. side woofer rattled like *** before I took it out but my drivers side is also busted and it doesn't make any noise at all. It looks like you're going to need to replace your sail panel speakers and maybe your door speakers as well if your getting no bass at all. I was in the same place as you and after researching all the crap that comes with trying to put aftermarket ones in and make them sound better I ended up just buying a set of GM replacement sail panel speakers off ebay for $35 a piece. As for the doors I put in a pair of Polk db675's and they sound great! BTW I have another pair laying around that have barely been used I'll sell ya if you're interested, they're very nice speakers for your doors and fit perfectly.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i appreciate it but i think im just going to try and replace the sail panel one considering i just spent $2500 on wheels tires and suspension! Im broke as a joke! Thing that sucks is i replaced the other sail panel speaker and threw the original one away thinking it was blown. It turns out it wasnt, it was just something in the panel that was rattling...not the speaker itself...oh well