Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Made some new speaker mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 07:32 PM
!Dial-up Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Made some new speaker mounts...

I didn't like the way my Focal 165k2 component speakers fit in the stock plastic door mount. It was flimsy and didn't look like it sealed well. So I cut some new ones out of partical board. I just traced the outline of the stock one and cut the circle out so the speakers would sit flush. I countersunk the screws and sealed the mount off with black silicon. It fit real nice and I only had to trim off a little of the board inside the door. I painted them black and reused the stock rain guards on the back. The speakers sit further back too, which gives them more clearence when the volume goes up. I bet the will sound better too with a nice solid mount.

Here are some pics >> http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/ms...sears8/stereo/

Justin
Old 05-19-2002, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Made some new speaker mounts...

I learn new tricks every day!!!

I like that.

doesnt seem like many people use this area.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Guy in MY 99TA:
<strong>I learn new tricks every day!!!

I like that.

doesnt seem like many people use this area.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is brand new..
Old 05-20-2002, 04:11 PM
!Dial-up Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 channel amp running my 12 and the components up front. Alpine 7875 HU, Focal 165k2s, Image Dynamics Midbass running off the HU, Image Dynamics 12 in a stealthbox, and a 800.4 Punch.

Ditch that factory crap! You can find awesome prices on car audio parts on ebay and a ton of online wholesalers.

Justin
Old 05-21-2002, 12:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

First off that looks really good, nicely done.

Next, what are you using to drive them. I have considered numerous times replacing the factory speakers but I am not ready to gut the factory system. I know everyone says that you can't use the factory system to run them and I was just curious to see what your doing.

Brien