Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anybody install a Cyborg Remote Start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anybody install a Cyborg Remote Start?

Hey all,

I'm installing a Cyborg Rf remote start in a friends expedition and I need a little help. The expedition has a factory alarm that needs to be bypassed. I have a DEI 555f unit which is suppossed to do that. It requires a constant 12V source and a negative to activate. Problem is that I can't seem to find a negative that is active when the remote start is activated. Anybody have any suggestions????

Thanks,

Russ

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: 77-vette ]</small>
Old 10-27-2002, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anybody install a Cyborg Remote Start?

That will be a wire coming out of the remote start module so you'd need to check in the manual and see if that brand has one (never heard of them. If not then use one of the ignition outputs...tap off it to a relay...use the ralay to change it over to a ground and that will be your output while activated.

Kevin
Old 10-27-2002, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kevin,

I don't think this remote start has the negative output. I was thinking about using a relay to do it. Could you give me a little more detail about how to use the relay to get a ground?

Thanks,

Russ
Old 10-28-2002, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

On one of the ignition output going to the ignition has run a lead off of it to pin 86 of a relay. Wire pin 85 and 87 to ground. Pin 30 will be your ground while activated output. Wire that to the 555 input.

Kevin
Old 10-28-2002, 06:10 AM
Teching In

77 - Sory I cant halp ya on the installation, but can you tell me where you picked that remote starter up at? Id like to get one for my car. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:46 AM
02Z
On The Tree

I dont know if this will help, but I have a 97 Ford custom van, I had to have a negative output for my DVD monitor out to work with the parking brake. The parking brake switch has a negative output when set. Hope that helps!
Old 10-28-2002, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help Kevin!

Badazz,

I got mine at millionbuy.com They had the best price and shipped it out quick ($129)

One heads up though, the remote doesn't have an extra trigger for the factory alarm bypass so you'll have to buy an extra relay ($5).

Another place to buy it is cmttrading.com They also have other remote starts available.
Russ

Quick Reply: Anybody install a Cyborg Remote Start?