Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP!!! SPEAKERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! SPEAKERS!!!

I sorely want to put a new system in my 1999 C5 convertable with the Bose system. What size speakers are in the front and rear so I can get replacements? What do I need to know about intsalling my Head Unit?
Old 12-15-2002, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: HELP!!! SPEAKERS!!!

Pretty much all the info you need is right here: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...s=0&c=11&vst=Y
Old 12-17-2002, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: HELP!!! SPEAKERS!!!

i can really answer that for you i do aftermarket instaltions professionally. with your bose system changing the head unit directly is going to give you sound problems in the future. if you run an aftermarket head unit with a factory bose system the speakers start to distort do to the amount of power the new head unit puts out to the factory amplifer. the best thing to do is replace the headunit and run a new set of speaker wire to each speaker and that will give you the best results and i f you feel the need for more power amps and subs are great ideas to but that depends on how deep your pokets go