Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help with amp and rewire

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with amp and rewire

i need help in rewiring my system. I had the **** *** stock monsoon system and i replaced all the speakers and got a new amp. do i just rewire the speakers from the aftermarket head unit? and if so how do i get all the monsoon wiring out
Old 12-14-2002, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: help with amp and rewire

That all depends on how much power you will be using. Your best bet would be to use the factory wiring if you are not running alot of power. but if you do have to replace the wire's tape your replacement wire to myour stock and pull it through.
good luck
Old 12-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Default Re: help with amp and rewire

If you have an aftermarket head unit and all new speakers, ,you can not use the factory wiring. It is possible to use it but you are better off running all new wiring from the head unit to the speakers or if you plan on getting an aftermarket amp for the mids/highs you still can't use the factory wiring. So while the panels are off to run the new wires you might as well yank out the stock mess. Its not difficult, just start tracing it all down starting from the stock amplifier behind the spare tire acces panel. Have fun!