Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Getting Ready to install a amp need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 05:07 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting Ready to install a amp need some help please

HI in the next couple weeks in going to be installing a 1200 watt sony amp what i could afford to go with my 2 12 inch 4 voice coil alun.sony subs. im keeping the stock monsoon headunit.What wires will I have to cut to hook the amp up i only want it to power my 2 12's and i would like to keep the factory amp also.When i first got the car it had a rca box back in the truck with to jacks people tells me thats why that was there.I cut it off not knowing i was going to put a system in it the wires are still back there all taped up is that what i need? any help pictures or info would be great thanks and have a safe and happy new year Ronnie Ferguson
Old 12-28-2002, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Getting Ready to install a amp need some help please

well, check out some of my other posts in here and see what i've written about mine... here's the big catch... if you have to run a line->rca converter... DO IT BEFORE THE STOCK MONSOON AMP... otherwise you're amping an amped signal which can blow the amp/sub.. i spliced mine in at the harness at the head unit and ran the rca's to the rear where i hooked it up.. sounds clean for now w/ 1 10... i'm sure 2 12's will crank..
Old 12-30-2002, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Getting Ready to install a amp need some help please

he is right,do it the right way, buy the part its only 30.00.